LIMITED LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the owner/installer’s responsibility to carefully inspect the flooring for visible defects
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION.
Contact your seller if you have doubts about the grade, factory finish or other quality aspects. If the owner/installer is not satisfied with an individual plank, that piece should not be installed. Serendipity accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed. As wood is a natural product industry standards allow for a defect and irregular tolerance of up to 5%. This warranty applies ONLY to material that is in EXCESS of this 5% allowance.
IMPORTANT: Serendipity’s installation and maintenance guidelines MUST be followed as a condition for this warranty. Any floor installed outside of Serendipity’s installation and maintenance parameters is subject to denial of the claim. Serendipity warrants that the residential flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and. Serendipity further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Serendipity specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect Serendipity’s warranty commits to provide quality engineered hardwood flooring that is free from manufacturing defects in milling and lamination for the lifetime of the product. If your Serendipity product fails for any of the above reasons, Serendipity will replace or repair, at its option, a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. Serendipity warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round.
RESIDENTIAL FINISH WARRANTY
Serendipity warrants that, under normal residential conditions and with proper cleaning and maintenance as prescribed for the applicable coating type, the finish on the flooring products will not wear through to raw wood in any single area for 25 years from the date of purchase, of 20% or more of the total installed area for a period of 25 years from the date of purchase. Gloss reduction is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not included in this warranty. Finish warranty excludes any surface checks/splits caused by improper environmental conditions, scratches, indentations, and color change from indoor UV light or sunlight
LIGHT COMMERCIAL WARRANTY
Serendipity further warrants that, under normal Light Commercial conditions and with proper maintenance as prescribed for the applicable coating type, the finish on Serendipity’s flooring products will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect AND will not wear through to raw wood in any single area for 3 years from the date of purchase.
Serendipity warrants to the original purchaser that the moldings will be free of defects in material and workmanship when installed and maintained according to Serendipity specifications. If a molding fails, Serendipity will replace or repair, at its option for as long as the original purchase still owns the property where the molding was installed.
IMPORTANT: Although moldings are designed to be the closest representation of the actual floor, variation in color, texture, shading, grain, knots, gloss level, and distressing will be evident and in some species can be extensive. This is normal and is not considered a defect.
CAUTION: Carefully inspect moldings and approve before installation. If moldings are not acceptable DO NOT INSTALL. Once material is installed it is considered ACCEPTED.
NOTE: Moldings are not covered by a finish warranty
WIREBRUSHED TEXTURE WARRANTY
Due to the wire brushing process, some planks may contain minor snags and a rough grain in the finish. These character features do not affect the quality or structural strength of the flooring and are not considered a manufacturing defect.
– Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room temperature of 60º to 80ºF. – Construction or installation-related damage
– Wood flooring installed in full bathrooms with a shower or tub
– Damage caused by fire, flooding and other natural disasters and/or Acts of God
– Damage caused by negligence, accidents, misuse or abuse
– Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar or hard heads
– Damage caused by steam mops
ENGINEERED HARDWOOD FLOORING LIMITED WARRANTY
– Damage caused by appliances, furniture, and casters
– Damage caused by cutting from sharp objects, rocks, debris, etc.
– Damage to the coating caused by tape or other adhesive products
– Reduction in gloss, scratches, or indentation due to sand, pebbles or other abrasives, debris, pets, insects, construction traffic, or failure to maintain the floor as required
– Color, shade, or texture variations between samples, printed color photography or replacement flooring and original flooring material
– Changes in color due to exposure to air, sunlight and age
– Noises (squeaks, etc.) associated with anything other than the mis-manufacture of the flooring
– Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as variation in grain, mineral streaks, and knots
– Deficiencies related to subfloor/floor joist assemblies, subfloor preparation materials and fasteners, including but not limited to uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection, voids in the subfloor, or excessive moisture in the subfloor
– Natural expansion and contraction resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by high or low humidity
– Cracks or separations between the flooring boards caused by expansion and contraction due to seasonal changes
– Cupping or crowning in the flooring boards due to excessive subfloor moisture or low humidity
– Floor damage or adhesive breakdown caused by subfloor moisture or water damage, including without limitation to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet mopping spills or weather conditions
– Installation defects including installations made in violation of applicable state or local housing or building codes, or contrary to the Installation Instructions.
WARRANTY FOR RADIANT HEAT SYSTEM:
In all installations over radiant heat, the warranty will be void if any of the following requirements and instructions are not adhered to: – The radiant heat system must be hydronic (using warm water). Engineered Flooring is not warranted over electric radiant floor heat systems.
– The heat system must be designed for wood flooring and have an outside temperature sensor and in-floor direct contact temperature sensors.
– The system controller must be designed for wood flooring and have a temperature control mechanism that will not allow the surface temperature of the subfloor to exceed 82°F.
– The system must be kept on and within 15°F of normal operating temperature AT ALL TIMES.
– For concrete subfloors, conduct and document Calcium Chloride Tests per ASTM F1869. Test results must not exceed 2.0 lbs. per 1000 square feet per 24 hours.
– For wood subfloors, use a pin type meter to document the moisture content of the subfloor. Moisture readings should not exceed 8% in any location and readings for the subfloor must be within 2% of the flooring at the time of installation.
– Relative humidity at the jobsite must be maintained between 35% and 55% at all times. Failure to maintain proper humidity levels will void all warranties.
– The radiant heat system must be on and operating at normal output a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of the installation.
– Wood flooring must be delivered to the jobsite and acclimated to room temperature in sealed cartons 48 hours prior to the start of the installation.
– Temperature in the installation area must be controlled between 60°F and 80°F at all times.
– Maximum surface temperature of the wood flooring can never exceed 82°F.
– Excessive heat, rapid heating, and/or failure to maintain humidity levels between 35% and 55% may cause cracking, cupping and other forms of failure and will void the warranty.
– NOTE: in wood flooring installations over radiant heat, moderate surface checking, cracking (especially at the ends of boards and around knots), shrinkage, gapping between planks, and slight cupping are all to be expected and do not constitute a product defect.
It is the owner/installer’s responsibility to carefully inspect the flooring for visible defects PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. Contact your seller if you have doubts about the grade, factory finish or other quality aspects. If the owner/installer is not satisfied with an individual plank, that piece should not be installed. Serendipity accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed. No retailers, distributors or employees have the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, or exclusions under any of the Serendipity warranties. Serendipity excludes and will not be liable for or pay incidental, consequential or special damages under any warranties. This means any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable.