This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks that are defective or visually not acceptable, should be discarded or possibly used in another location of the room. Serendipity accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects or irregularities have been installed.
IMPORTANT: The SPC installation and maintenance guidelines MUST be followed as a condition for this warranty. Any floor installed outside of printed installation and maintenance parameters is subject to denial of the claim. Detailed installation instructions are included in cartons of the SPC floors.
RESIDENTIAL AND LIGHT COMMERCIAL WARRANTY
This warranty applies to Serendipity SPC flooring, purchased from an authorized dealer and installed in a residential or light commercial area. Serendipity warrants that the SPC flooring sold under this warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacturing and that is conforms to the standard specifications for the product category. Serendipity further warrants that when installed and maintained according to products specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not wear through, delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect. If your SPC flooring fails for any of the above reasons, Serendipity will replace, at its option, a portion or all the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. The warranty includes replacement materials only and excludes any labor costs. The SPC warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in normal environmental conditions, meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 65F to 85F year round.
The SPC flooring is warranted to be from manufacturing defects for lift time in a residential application and for 12 years in a light commercial application.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
• Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year-round and a room temperature of 65° to 85°F.
• Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to age and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
• Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to Serendipity installation/maintenance instructions.
• It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Serendipity accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
• Indentations or scratches caused by furniture, appliances, pet claws, high heel shoes, spiked or damaged heels, cleats, sports shoes, pivot points (i.e. seating areas), wheel chairs, walkers, sand, pebbles or other abrasive materials.
•Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 85°F.
• Abuse, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives, or other chemicals, etc. improper cleaning or maintenance products.
• Damage due to moisture intrusion from subfloor, but not limited to damaged from broken or leaking plumbing or appliance, wet mopping, weather conditions, or natural disasters.
• Flooring installed over improperly prepared or unstable subfllor.
• Damage caused by extended exposure to direct sunlight.
• Discoloration from rugs or floor mats (use only mats with non-staining backing).
• Damage caused by vacuum with a beater bar (rotating bristle brush).
This warranty constitutes the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Serendipity. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. -is warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.